So, you know my stance on breakfast and weekends. You eat cereal on the weekdays, so I enjoy stretching my culinary muscles on the weekend. So, seeing as it's been eons since I last made pancakes.. all of two weeks... but I decided to make them.

John was with Dad collecting a car from Shannon airport, so I made pancakes for John. When measuring out ingredients, I accidentally put in about 1/4 too much flour. I just shrugged my shoulders and said "ah it'll be grand"


And wow. Was it grand. Was it excellent? Why yes, yes it was.


Calling the pancakes that were created from that batter "crunchy" would be the wrong word, it was more..thicker. It had more bite to it, literally :) John described them as "viscous". Nice word..

of a glutinous nature or consistency; sticky; thick; adhesive.



I'm sorry to say I got no pictures, but how can you gauge texture from a picture?

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)