So, we had Irish today, and what we had to do was take an English sentence and translate it into Irish. The two sentences in question were "I live in Cork" and "We live in Dublin"


Now, I don't live in Cork and we don't live in Dublin. I did, however, know someone who did live in Cork and Dublin. The result:


"Conaíonn Damien Mulley i gCork". Translates as "Damien Mulley lives in Cork"

and..


"Conaíonn Alexia i mBaile Átha Cliath". Translates as "Alexia lives in Dublin"



My tribute. If only could've slotted the Web Awards in somewhere... :)

4 comments

  1. Damien Mulley  

    Awww shucks. I could blush!

  2. Anonymous  

    Awww, Tommy! * blushes for those that can't *

  3. Patrick Collison  

    But how will you possibly learn the intricacies of first person singular and plural conjugations?

  4. Tommy  

    Look closely. In Alexia's one, it says what the book wanted above the first word. Same story above Damien's name

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)